Saturday, December 1, 2012

November Foodie Penpals Reveal Post

So, my post is a day late because now it's technically December already...but I just didn't have time to blog until after this week was over. With the semester coming to an end, all of my professors have decided it's the time to make everything due and sneak in last minute tests etc. so I've been a bit busy!

But I'm so excited to be writing this post! This is my first round with the Foodie Penpals. When I got back up to school from Thanksgiving break, I had a notice that I had a package waiting for me at the post office, and I knewww it was my from my penpal!

My box came from Kansas, from a woman named Jenny Gilmore, who just finished her elementary education degree. She is currently a stay-at-home mom to her two daughters. She does not have a blog, or I would provide the link to hers.


She sent me a completely fantastic box! It consisted of coconut granola bars (YUM! I've already eaten half the box as my studying snack this week), Apple Carrot fruit bars (very tasty!), peanut butter cup hot chocolate mix (ohmygod. so good.), smokehouse almonds, single serving chocolate hazelnut spread and maple almond butter (deeelicious), Biscoff spread (which I had always been curious to try but never did until now!), and a recipe for No-Bake Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies.


I'm not the hugest fan of smokey-flavored things so I gave the almonds to my friend, but everything else has been absolutely delicious. I ate the almond butter with a banana as a snack at work, and I just tried the hot chocolate mix with my boyfriend the other night...so good. The cookie recipe looks great; I totally love oatmeal cookies! And no-bake ones are sooo easy.

Pretty excited to try these out!
So a HUGE thank you to Jenny for such a wonderful introduction to this penpal program! My box was awesome! :)


Here are the details of Foodie Penpals if you're interested in joining!
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions -You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination! -You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!) -Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.


The Lean Green Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment